Sun Life Asset Management Company, Inc. (SLAMCI) has now made it possible for Filipinos (not just Bacolodnons) to give their loved ones the gift of investment through the Sun Life Prosperity Card. I know that it’s not the most exciting gift to give but it’s one of the smartest.
Over the years, we’ve given so many gifts to the people we love during certain occasions – Chinese New Year, Christmas, Birthdays, Weddings and so on. If we gave them the gift of investment, this gift could have grown to who knows how much. It’s like giving a fisherman a fishing rod and teaching him how to fish instead of just giving him something to eat for the day – it’s beneficial for the person you’re giving the gift to, in the long run.
The Sun Life Prosperity Card
Each card has P5000.00 to be invested in any peso-denominated mutual fund managed by SLAMCI under its Sun Life Prosperity Funds. It’s like a starter investment fund for investment beginners. The person you’re giving this gift to would have to visit a Sun Life Office to activate the card and then choose the Prosperity Fund he or she wants to put the money in. It’s a very straight forward process.
Where and How to Buy a Sun Life Prosperity Card
To purchase a Sun Life Prosperity Card, you can:
- Go to a Sun Life store
- Contact a Sun Life Mutual Fund advisor
- Buy the card online
You’ll need to fill up and submit different forms. Upon purchase of the card, you’ll need: a completed purchase form and one valid ID. When activating the card, you’ll need: an investor information form, investor profile questionnaire, order ticket, one billing statement and one valid ID.
List of Sun Life Prosperity Funds to Invest in
- Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Balanced Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Bond Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dynamic Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Stock Index Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Money Market Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund, Inc.
- Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Advantage Fund, Inc.
To know more details about each fund, it’s best to talk to a Sun Life advisor who can expertly match your interest and long-term plans with the right mutual fund.
When should you give this gift?
The Sun Life Prosperity card is a gift for all occasions – baptisms, birthdays, weddings and the like. You can even buy it for yourself if you want to start investing! You can buy as many as 20 cards, there’s not limit.
Why should you give this gift?
- You’re encouraging the idea of investment with the Sun Life Prosperity Card. Since people don’t really know much about investing (and why it’s important), you’re enlightening them and opening their perspective on how to grow money. You’re also demonstrating that investing money is not at all an intimidating and complicated process.
- You’re giving a good name to the right way of investing money. Lately, the Philippines has caught a trend of investing money into (I honestly don’t know what to call it) schemes that tell the people something like: invest P5000.00 to get P30,000 in X days (some work, but some do not). SLAMCI has also noticed this which is why they have an on going campaign called SLAM the SCAM with Matteo Guidecelli.
- The Philippine market or economy is showing promising signs this year. Sun Life of Canada Philippines Inc. Chief Investment Officer, Micheal Enriquez, hints that 2016 may be a good year to start investing.
Give the gift of prosperity and investment to the people you love. Visit the Sun Life Center here in Bacolod today or contact your Sun Life advisor to know more about the Sun Life Prosperity Card.
Sun Life Prosperity Card FAQS
Post your comments